View and manage invoices

In this topic we will show how to view and pay invoices. We assume you are already logged into your billing area… however if not then that is not a problem as you can easily login by following our topic on logging into your billing control panel.

We are currently working on a video tutorial on this topic, however for now you can scroll down and view the step by step instructions.

Skip down to Invoices FAQ

View & manage invoices

1. You will first need to login to the billing control panel: The URL to the billing control panel can be found below:

U.S. Billing Account: https://cp.hostek.com

U.K. Billing Account: https://cp.hostek.co.uk

If needed you can view the topics for logging into the billing area or recovering the password to the billing area.

1. Now in the main navigation menu click the drop-down for “Billing”, then click “My Invoices”.

Additionally, if you have any over-due invoices on your account then you should see a section on the homepage of your billing control panel labeled Overdue Invoices as shown in the below screenshot. In this case you can click the red “Pay Now” button and this will take you to the same My Invoices page.

1. You will now see a list of invoices belonging to your account. You can view the status of each invoice under the “Status” column, so you can see whether each one has been paid or is yet to be paid, or if the invoice has been cancelled.

Useful Tip: You can also use the search box in the top-right of the table to filter for keywords including the name of a domain, the invoice date or due date, the invoice total, or even the status of the domain.

Example below shows only the invoice for ‘tutorial-site.com’ when we entered ‘tutorial’ in the search box.

Useful Tip: You can also click the table headers to order the invoices by ascending / descending order.

1. To view more information on an invoice or to pay the invoice click on the respective invoice field.

1. You should now be able to see the payment method, amount, and what the invoice generated is for such as hosting, domain registrations, add-ons, ect.

Now go ahead and choose the correct payment method by clicking the drop-down under “Payment Method”.

1. Now that you have the payment method you wish to use the top-right of the page should show a “Pay Now” button if using Credit Card as the payment type and the invoice is unpaid. If you’re using PayPal then you should see a “PayPal Check Out” button instead.

1. Once the invoice is fully paid then the top-right of the page should show a green “PAID” text to verify that this invoice has been paid successfully.

FAQ

Question: Do my invoices automatically pay using the credit card on file?

Answer: Yes, invoices will automatically be attempting capture on the credit card on file as long as you have the service the invoice is generated for set to Credit Card payment (I.E. You didn’t choose “PayPal” as the payment type when ordering) and you have a credit card on file. If you do not have a credit card on file or you need to update this then please see our tutorial topic on managing the credit card on file on an account.

Question: Can I setup a PayPal subscription so I do not have to pay via PayPal manually each time?

Answer: Yes, we welcome PayPal subscriptions. However in order to set this up you must follow the step by step instructions below for the invoice before that invoice becomes past-due. Once the invoice is considered ‘late’, then you will have to pay that invoice manually via PayPal (or Credit Card) and wait until the next invoice is generated to start the subscription.

It is also important to note that for PayPal subscriptions if you ever decide to place a cancellation request for the package you are subscribing to you must also cancel your PayPal subscription from within PayPal so you do not continue sending payments in when your service(s) are no longer.